Sunday, June 21, 2009


Fossil Springs Rocks! 1 million gallons of natural spring water flows through this bad boy per hour. There are small waterfalls, little swimming holes, and beautiful vegetation along the bank of the creek. This picture is a spot where we would jump in and observe the light blue water with its spots of white sand on the bottom. Good stuff. This hike takes about 2 hours to hike down into and it's a good 2.5 hours out. Throughout the hike there is about a 2500-3000 ft elevation change. Unfortunately I didn't have a good day pack and my feet were rubbed raw with blisters from all the rock hoping in my chacos. So the last two days I have been so sore, but it was still worth it! Katie was way worn out and sore too but she is a trooper. She is not a big hiker but loves to do things with me that I enjoy. The trade off is that I have to watch chick flicks with her, which most of the time I don't mind!



NICE VIEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment