Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dear Baby

My dear baby boy,

Now that Daddy and I finally know what you are (well, Daddy was fist pumping the air when he found out) we are THRILLED. I love shopping for you already. I already bought you a pair of very cute shoes that you probably can wear when you're three months old. That may seem far away, but I bought them anyway. We are getting the nursery all ready for you as well. Daddy can't wait to paint your new room. We're thinking bright PINK. How does that sound? Haha, just kidding buddy. I love touching my belly and thinking of you. Sometimes I talk to you, too. You probably think I'm nuts. I think I'm nuts, too. Like when I came to a complete stop at a green light and didn't even notice. Sheesh. And man, those early morning charley horses on my calves have GOT TO STOP. I feel like I can't walk anymore. Now I know why pregnant women have a waddle- it's partly big tummy, partly having to pee, and partly cuz your legs hurt so much!

But let me tell you the best part: finally feeling you move around in there. Every time it happens, I stop where I am and just smile at the fact that you're in there kicking away. You make me so happy, baby. Sometimes I cry just thinking about holding you one day. You make my life so special and Daddy and I can't wait to see you. I hope you have his eyes. See you in 20 weeks, my sweet baby boy.
Love, Mama

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding out you're having a boy! Boys are fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Congrats on hitting the half way mark:) I use to get the charlie horses in the mornings too. I take a calcium/magnesium combo supplement every night before I go to bed and I haven't had one since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your sweet note made me soooo happy for your little baby and you. It's so amazing how much love a new spirt can bring into a home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a boy.

    how perfect.

    cory knew it would be a boy.

    we are so happy for the both of you and think twenty weeks couldn't come sooner.

    we want that little sucker to come out so we can finally see what work of art you two have made.

    ReplyDelete