Saturday, May 30, 2009




We are starting with the end of our trip and moving backwards in these pictures.


On Memorial day, the eve of Katie's birthday I took her horseback riding. It ended up being her favorite part of the trip. Her horse Vegas was well tamed since she was a beginner, however whenever Larry (My horse) and I tried to come up to the side of Katie and Vegas, Vegas would catch up to the wrangler and his horse and he would tell me the horses weren't used to that and to fall back in line. The horses were trained just to follow each others butts, which was a little too slow and boring for me but I love making my girl happy. It was so fun to watch her ride with this perm-a-grin on her face. Whenever the wrangler wasn't watching I would turn Larry in circles or have him eat some mesquite to buy some time then I would gallop back up to the line, that way I could still get some entertainment out of the riding experience!











What a cute little couple! Happy 24th Birthday Baby!!!


The city we rode in was called Mayer, it's 15-20 minutes outside of Prescott Valley. It was a perfect day the rain clouds stayed to the east of us and pure 80 degree sunshine came down on us, it was great!






+Trip+193.jpg">

This is a shot of slide rock in Sedona. Katie and I had a blast jumping off rocks in the 60 degree water and sliding down the natural rock waterslides. We also loved watching all the kids and families interact and play it was very peaceful and fun.

















Katie made her first fire... When we got to our campground spot we only had about 45mins of light left so I had Katie set up the air mattress while I started blowing away on this coal and once the tinder was almost ready to burst into flames I had Katie take over; she was able to get the fire roaring in no time. Then I made tin-foil dinners and we roasted starbursts.
















sz3bSLa3HMI/s400/Sedona+Trip+148.jpg">







Devils bridge a 3 mile hike that suprisingly Katie went on and didn't even complain. I wasn't allowed to cross the arch/bridge all the way, but I was ok with that. My daredevil days are over. I'm a family man now!
















+129.jpg">





This shot was taken after Church in the same neighborhood just down the street from the Sedona chapel. Pretty crazy to think you could have such a view right outside your church building.


















Silly Katie












Sexy Katie
































OUR NEW YUKON!!! ISN'T SHE GORGEOUS, OH THE VIEW TOO OF COURSE. WE SLEEP IN THE BACK OF THAT SUCKER WITH PLENTY OF ROOM TO SPARE.









id=BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5341776623075542882 border=0 alt="" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjkYW0c2JycmXP8Q9mFzhvTrFbLJaU96bGHzV9Ob7I2x5z-AQEwX5eQOCrV5pl5RWMHtlQ398-Y6hZvmObf-TDy1N8zHDA9zx0GKjbsAHPGouj44EEdbwPtCNAQGoGZpAKIKw2m6TwdGKw/s400/Sedona+Trip+058.jpg">




TALAQUEPAQUE, is the name of this joint. It's a nice square/plaza that has some shops, resturants, and a church. We ate at this amazing mexican place and Katie had the best fish taco ever and I had the best machaca burrito ever! NO LYING, The El Ricon was amazing!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment