Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Swishes and Flutters and...Kicks? Oh My!

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting on the couch feeling my stomach rumble like the hungry tummy it usually is. The problem was, I wasn't hungry. I had just ate and this rumbly thing had kinda happened a lot for the past couple of days. This is weird, I thought. It eventually dawned on me that this wasn't the usual butterfly flutters I've felt when our baby has moved around. These were real life KICKS! I put my hand to my stomach and sure enough I felt a slight jab. "Whoa! Chad check this out!" Is what I said. And he did. He put his hand to my tummy and felt the little guy kick around, too. It was a little freaky at first, I'll admit. My sister lovingly put it, "kinda like a vampire is trying to eat its way free"...yeah, something like that. :) But now that I've gotten used to it, I love it. I love when he starts to kick my belly in the middle of the day at Parent Teacher Conferences. I know I won't love it in a couple of months when he's grown, but I love it now. It's just a gentle little reminder like he's saying, "Hey, mom. I'm still in here!" And don't worry, baby. I'm still here, too.

1 comment:

  1. oh the twilight reference. love it, lol. Super exciting!

    ReplyDelete