Thursday, September 3, 2009

High Fives and Long Prayers

So yesterday while making sweet pork salads (yes, they are BETTER than Cafe Rio/Costa Vida's wanna-be salads), it dawned on me that all day we had ZERO accidents from a certain puppy. I was SO proud of myself. I said, "Honey, we've had no pee today! Yay-high five!" and continued to give a loud high five to my husband. We were so thrilled with ourselves. It's got to be some sort of a record, right? Less than a week and already potty-trained? We were pro's.
As dinner was on the table and Chad had said "I'm hungry. Is it ready?" like 5 times, we were about to say a prayer. Chad had already put food on his fork and was half way to his mouth, when he closed his eyes and asked me to say it. Now, being the brat that I sometimes am, I decided to say an EXTRA long prayer. I thanked God for everything, even Chad's saliva that seemed to be falling from his mouth.
After the extensive prayer, I smirked and said, "golly, I just had to do it!" and then looked down at our carpet. Our little angel had decided to take a leak on our carpet while we closed our eyes and prayed. I gotta hand it to him, he's smart. Too smart. I yelled out, "What the pee?!" and hubby just smirked and said, "That's what you get."
My lesson? No more high fives or long prayers.

2 comments:

  1. haha what a great story. I need your pork salad recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! that's what you get, is right! great story.

    p.s. There will be more to come on HypnoBirthing! I am working on a page to explain more about it, but simply put its birthing classes for natural childbirth, than I am so excited to start teaching!

    ReplyDelete